solomon-radley

Live: Exit Ten @ Moho Live

Exit Ten are a band that have only matured with age, making them a band certainly worth keeping an eye our for next festival season.
Live: Exit Ten @ Moho Live

Exit Ten
Moho Live
16th November
4 stars

Chatting before the show, Exit Ten vocalist Ryan Redman lamented about the disappointing advance ticket sales for this show. Unfortunately, the two-year gap between their debut album and the band’s follow up offering Give Me Infinity has taken it’s toll, and interest in the band is not what it once was. As the support acts began strumming out their first chords, the 500 capacity venue had only around 40 people in it – it looks like Exit Ten will have to wait until their next support tour before they next get to play to the large crowds they deserve.

For those dedicated fans that turned up though, the band put on a captivating performance, with only a few minor feedback problems at the beginning dampening what was otherwise an exceptional show. From the moment that Exit Ten took to the stage it was clear that this is a band that have only matured with age. The initial full-band barrage of sound from the opening song ‘Life’ was delivered with absolute precision, and very much set the tone for the rest of the evening.

This tour has been a chance for the band to showcase their new material, and this show was no exception. The new songs were very well received, with both ‘Suggest a Path’ and ‘Lion’ provoking spontaneous sing-alongs.

Many of the band’s heavier songs were struck from the Exit Ten repertoire tonight, since a broken foot meant that Chris Steele (drums) was struggling with some of the meatier double-kick patterns. However, this didn’t prevent them from performing old favourites such as ‘Warriors’ and ‘Resume Ignore’, which again had the whole crowd shouting along.

Exit Ten continue to improve with time. This band are certainly worth keeping an eye out for next festival season.

Exit Ten – Suggest A Path (official video)

Solomon Radley

Solomon Radley

Former News Sub-editor (2011-2012).

Sweets at XOYO – interview and gig review

Serena interviews Sweets backstage at XOYO before he warms up the crowd for headliner NOISY
In conversation with Scouting for Girls’ Roy Stride

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy chats to Roy Stride, the lead singer of Scouting for Girls, about the band’s surprise success and incredible longevity
Live Review: Macy Gray and the California Jet Club at Albert Hall

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy reviews Macy Gray and the California Jet Club at Albert Hall
Parklife 2022 Review: A celebration of Manchester plagued by poor sound

The Mancunion reviews Manchester’s Parklife festival – a varied line-up in Heaton Park on the weekend