claudia-canavan
21st March 2012

Loving and Loathing

What we’re loving and loathing this week

Loving: Spring’s new nail shades

With the new season’s trends comes a new palette of nail colours, a relatively inexpensive way to channel Spring’s aesthetic without the perils of a trip to Topshop. Floral hues, playful greens and tones reminiscent of sunrise are all an appropriate injection of colour to help coax out the bourgeoning transition from winter’s endless monochrome.

Loathing: Louis Vuitton monogram mania

One an emblem of wealth, sophisticated and a penchant for decadence, the Louis Vuitton monogram has been mercilessly overused and duplicated to hawk the tackiest of tack by market vendors globally. The latest monstrosity  to be adorned with the logo is the work of a Range Rover owner in Bournemouth, who has used the trend of ‘vehicle wrapping’ to proclaim his/her love of Vuitton and lack of taste to the nation.

Claudia Canavan

Claudia Canavan

Former fashion editor (2011-2012).

The dos and don’ts of fashion at the Oscars: Breakdown of the 2024 looks

The 96th Academy Awards were full of the glamorous looks you’d expect, but what trends and outfits stood out at the Oscars this year?

Dua Lipa: The new face of YSL

Yves Saint Laurent are marketing towards a new young audience with Dua Lipa as their brand ambassador but what does this mean?