claudia-canavan
21st March 2012

Loving and Loathing

What we’re loving and loathing this week
Loving and Loathing

Loving: Spring’s new nail shades

With the new season’s trends comes a new palette of nail colours, a relatively inexpensive way to channel Spring’s aesthetic without the perils of a trip to Topshop. Floral hues, playful greens and tones reminiscent of sunrise are all an appropriate injection of colour to help coax out the bourgeoning transition from winter’s endless monochrome.

Loathing: Louis Vuitton monogram mania

One an emblem of wealth, sophisticated and a penchant for decadence, the Louis Vuitton monogram has been mercilessly overused and duplicated to hawk the tackiest of tack by market vendors globally. The latest monstrosity  to be adorned with the logo is the work of a Range Rover owner in Bournemouth, who has used the trend of ‘vehicle wrapping’ to proclaim his/her love of Vuitton and lack of taste to the nation.

Claudia Canavan

Claudia Canavan

Former fashion editor (2011-2012).

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month