claudia-canavan
21st March 2012

Loving and Loathing

What we’re loving and loathing this week

Loving: Spring’s new nail shades

With the new season’s trends comes a new palette of nail colours, a relatively inexpensive way to channel Spring’s aesthetic without the perils of a trip to Topshop. Floral hues, playful greens and tones reminiscent of sunrise are all an appropriate injection of colour to help coax out the bourgeoning transition from winter’s endless monochrome.

Loathing: Louis Vuitton monogram mania

One an emblem of wealth, sophisticated and a penchant for decadence, the Louis Vuitton monogram has been mercilessly overused and duplicated to hawk the tackiest of tack by market vendors globally. The latest monstrosity  to be adorned with the logo is the work of a Range Rover owner in Bournemouth, who has used the trend of ‘vehicle wrapping’ to proclaim his/her love of Vuitton and lack of taste to the nation.

Claudia Canavan

Claudia Canavan

Former fashion editor (2011-2012).

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?