tom-ingham

Preview: Y Not Festival

With no Glastonbury this year, maybe smaller festivals like this one will get a bit more attention.

Y Not Festival
3 – 5th August 2012
Peak District

Festivals are great experiences; there are people who see 30 bands over 3 days and those who see about 3 all weekend. Regardless of what category you fall into, the cost of major festivals can be a bit much, but when a weekend ticket with camping is just £75, why not?

With headliners The View, The Wombats and The Scientists, there is a great mix of established acts, as well as those on the cusp of breaking through. There is, as ever, an eclectic mix, from the solid crowd pleasers like The Pigeon Detectives, to the raw blues spirit of acts like Vintage Trouble – making sure there’s something for everyone at this charming little festival. And even if you just want to get pissed in a tent for a weekend, Y Not is a lovely place to go and do so in the beautiful Peak District greenery. From August 3rd-5th all this goodness will be going on, and even if you’re going to a big festival, Y Not is just unbelievably tempting, and with no Glasto this year maybe these smaller festivals will get a bit more attention.

Visit the Y Not Festival website for more info and how to get tickets.

Tom Ingham

Tom Ingham

Music Editor

Cirque du Soleil: In conversation with Roger Hewett

Jessica Hamilton interviews band leader Roger Hewett ahead of Cirque du Soleil: Corteo’s residency at AO Arena
Live Review: Kim Wilde at Bridgewater Hall

Legendary singer Kim Wilde’s The Greatest Hits Tour played at Bridgewater Hall – where she was joined by China Crisis.
Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women rule most diverse line-up to date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.