jake-pummintr

Craving and Saving

Both brilliant shoes, but one’s affordable, and the other’s pricey

Craving: Jimmy Choo Hamilton Loafer – £475 – www.jimmychoo.com

For the gentleman who appreciates decadence and opulence in abundance, we present the Hamilton loafer by Jimmy Choo. Whilst the loafer is a style of shoe that has been around for years, it is relevant in the industry of menswear fashion all year round. This is because with a timeless style of shoe, designers are at will to completely reinvent it and give the classic design a 21st century makeover. The Hamilton loafer offers exactly this; the wooden sole and leather tassel are conventional features of the loafer however the Choo version deviates in that it is made from suede that comes in a variety of colours from both classic and more vibrant colour palettes. The tassel comes with a braided-leather strap in which substantiates the idea that this shoe is a more intricately detailed interpretation of a classic and timeless shoe. At its equally self-indulgent price of £475, this is one loafer that comes with a side order of bankruptcy.

Saving: ASOS Velvet Loafer – £55 – www.asos.com

Similar in shape, this ASOS alternative still succeeds in conveying the same idea of extravagance, principally due to its material composition of royal blue velvet. This however, simultaneously means that the shoe is automatically less formal due to the more structured nature of the Jimmy Choo Hamilton. These loafers in particular must be dressed down or you may be subject to looking like an ostentatious Made In Chelsea reject. Blend either pair of loafers with medium to dark wash denim and an understated t-shirt in a monochrome hue. Finish off the look with a traditional peacoat or trench and a chunky knitted scarf.

Asos Loafer: asos.com
Jake Pummintr

Jake Pummintr

Second year student of English Literature and Spanish at the University of Manchester. One of two Fashion Editors of The Mancunion this academic year.

Beauty is Pain … And Money: Cosmetic money saving tips

Read for tips on saving money on cosmetics, finding the best deals, and how to make your favourite product last a little bit longer
Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.