emily-clark

Sun, rugs and sausage rolls

Emily Clark shares the secret of her picnic favourite: the glorious sausage roll

I had thought homemade sausage rolls were brilliant already – let’s not pretend Gregg’s even qualifies as food – but here before me I have a vastly diminished plate of sausage rolls that are the most delicious, sweet and satsifying sausages that I have ever savoured, ever. Better than Mum’s, in fact. The only ingredients required are a few chopped apricots, honey, sage, good sausages and pastry. I didn’t even feel guilty eating them after I visited the piglets in Tatton Park soon after making them; they were too irresistible.

Ingredients:

1 pack ready-made puff pastry
6 sausages, unpeeled from their intestinal jackets
100g chopped dried apricots
2 tbsps honey
1 tbsp dried sage
A little milk for brushing

Preheat oven to 200°C. Roll out pastry and divide lengthways. Mix the sausagemeat, apricots, honey and sage in a bowl. Split the meat mix between the two lines of pastry.

Fold over the pastry and press tightly shut. Divide into about 8 mini sausage rolls per patch of pastry, or cut them bigger if desired. Brush the pastry with a little milk. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.

Another tequila bar lands in Manchester, as Casa Pomelo opens its doors in Freight Island

Casa Pomelo delivers an array of tequila-based cocktails, with George Clooney’s ‘Casamigos’ as the main ingredient

The Alchemist Cosmic Supper Club review: Unlocking celestial delights

The Alchemist have launched an exciting new way to experience their magic with the new Cosmic Supper Club

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?