pippa-allen-kinross

VIP club shut after fight

Police were called to the ‘Circle Club’ after 20 people were involved in a violent altercation
VIP club shut after fight
Katie Price was known to frequent the Circle Club Photo: Fireballk2588 @Flickr

The exclusive celebrity hotspot ‘Circle Club’ has been temporarily shut following a mass fight.

A bouncer was slashed with a champagne bottle during the brawl, which spilled onto the streets and included 20 people, leading to six arrests.

Police were called in the early hours of Sunday 8th September after doormen were unable to control the situation.

At a town hall meeting, Greater Manchester Police Inspector Phil Spurgeon said, “What happened in the early hours of Sunday ranks up there with one of the most volatile situations I have ever had to deal with in terms of injuries sustained, the levels of aggression shown towards the police, and the fact that it took us 20-25 minutes to restore order. I got staff from four corners of Manchester.”

According to the ‘Circle Club’ website, they are ‘Manchester’s No. 1 VIP and Celebrity Club’, and offer ‘a close-up view of celebrities and Manchester’s most beautiful crowd’ .

Famous faces including Helen Flanagan, Katie Price and Amir Khan have all been seen there in the past.

The fight reportedly began after an argument between two groups of men in the exclusive ‘inner circle’, a VIP area which costs £50 a month membership.

This is not the first time that the ‘Circle Club’ has seen violent VIP’s. In April 2012, the club managed to hold onto its license after footballers Anton Ferdinand and El Hadji Diouf were involved in a bloody mass fight which left a man seriously injured.

In a statement on their Facebook page, ‘Circle Club’ said “the mindless actions of a few have spoiled the enjoyment of many.”

The clubs’ license has been suspended until a full review hearing within 28 days.

UoM PHD student faces backlash over research paper on masturbating to comics of young boys

A PHD student at the University of Manchester has recently come under fire and faced a severe online backlash after a research paper he wrote about masturbating to erotic comics of young boys went viral.