hayley-wells

DIY: Fuss-free uni hair

Here’s Halee to show us a cute new hairstyle to try this Autumn.

So you thought you snoozed your alarm this morning, but you’ve turned it off. Shit.

You’ve got 30 minutes to make it down Oxford Road corridor before you miss yet again another seminar this week. Sound familiar? Do not fret, you can look cute for your crush with this quick and easy uni friendly up-do, and all you’ll need is a bobble!

1. Dry Shampoo

A cheeky spritz of dry shampoo will not only make your hair look instantly clean, it will give your hair volume and staying power all day! Not bad for £1.99…

2. Back Comb

Volume doesn’t just have to be for nights out, make your up-do bigger by back combing at the roots, or skip this step for a more sleek looking style.

3. Tie it up

Tie the hair into a bun as normal, but instead you want to leave a bit of a ‘tail’ out of it to create the bow. Try to leave about 5-10 centimetres depending on how messy you want the bow; the longer, the looser.

4. Make the bow

Part the bow into two and grab the ‘tail’. Pull the tail over the bow and tuck it under the bobble. For a messier style, tease the bow by pulling bits out. Who knew chic could be so simple?

5. Hairspray

You might not have the staying power of a 9-5 uni day, but your hair will! Hold the can an arm’s length from your head and spray all over.

Voíla. Bow down for your new favourite up-do!

Statement red carpet looks from the 2024 Grammys

Four of the most impactful red carpet looks from the 66th annual Grammy Awards, from Billie Eilish to Lenny Kravitz

Hair, makeup and costume design nominees at the 2024 Academy Awards

Who has been celebrated for exceptional hair, makeup and costume design at the Academy Awards 2024… and who was snubbed?

Devils wear Prada: A retrospective look at the iconic F/W 2012 menswear collection

With the 2024 fashion calendar now in full swing and the hype of the BAFTA’s still present, we reflect on one of the most cinematic catwalks in fashion history

Men’s fashion is finally having its moment during the 2024 awards season

Are we finally seeing some creativity in men’s award show fashion? The experimental cuts and colour on show at the latest BAFTAs and Golden Globes red carpets suggest so