hayley-wells

DIY: Fuss-free uni hair

Here’s Halee to show us a cute new hairstyle to try this Autumn.

So you thought you snoozed your alarm this morning, but you’ve turned it off. Shit.

You’ve got 30 minutes to make it down Oxford Road corridor before you miss yet again another seminar this week. Sound familiar? Do not fret, you can look cute for your crush with this quick and easy uni friendly up-do, and all you’ll need is a bobble!

1. Dry Shampoo

A cheeky spritz of dry shampoo will not only make your hair look instantly clean, it will give your hair volume and staying power all day! Not bad for £1.99…

2. Back Comb

Volume doesn’t just have to be for nights out, make your up-do bigger by back combing at the roots, or skip this step for a more sleek looking style.

3. Tie it up

Tie the hair into a bun as normal, but instead you want to leave a bit of a ‘tail’ out of it to create the bow. Try to leave about 5-10 centimetres depending on how messy you want the bow; the longer, the looser.

4. Make the bow

Part the bow into two and grab the ‘tail’. Pull the tail over the bow and tuck it under the bobble. For a messier style, tease the bow by pulling bits out. Who knew chic could be so simple?

5. Hairspray

You might not have the staying power of a 9-5 uni day, but your hair will! Hold the can an arm’s length from your head and spray all over.

Voíla. Bow down for your new favourite up-do!

Beauty is Pain … And Money: Cosmetic money saving tips

Read for tips on saving money on cosmetics, finding the best deals, and how to make your favourite product last a little bit longer
Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.