ella-westall
21st October 2013

Top 5: Halloween Costumes

1) ‘In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.’ Unless you’re Cady, of course. Her dead bride costume is […]

1) ‘In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.’ Unless you’re Cady, of course. Her dead bride costume is a movie classic.

2)  ‘I told you Siamese cats, not Siamese twins!’ The twins’ Halloween-costume-gone-wrong in A Cinderella Story is probably not one you’d want to copy!

3) Georgia as an olive in Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This is definitely one of the funniest fancy dress costumes we’ve seen!

4) Friends: Monica’s fancy dress party. The rabbit suit may be where the one obsession stems from: it’s definitely something special! And Monica’s Sindy in Grease-style catsuit is a classic.

5) And finally, Halloween film fancy dress at its best: Hocus Pocus. Sarah Jessica Parker is almost unrecognisable under those eyebrows! This would be so much fun to recreate for Halloween, especially the hair!

Hair, makeup and costume design nominees at the 2024 Academy Awards

Who has been celebrated for exceptional hair, makeup and costume design at the Academy Awards 2024… and who was snubbed?

Devils wear Prada: A retrospective look at the iconic F/W 2012 menswear collection

With the 2024 fashion calendar now in full swing and the hype of the BAFTA’s still present, we reflect on one of the most cinematic catwalks in fashion history

Men’s fashion is finally having its moment during the 2024 awards season

Are we finally seeing some creativity in men’s award show fashion? The experimental cuts and colour on show at the latest BAFTAs and Golden Globes red carpets suggest so

2016 makeup is back, and so is creativity

With 2016 makeup trending on social media, we’re looking back to a simpler time and re-injecting creativity into today’s ‘clean girl’ era