ella-westall
21st October 2013

Top 5: Halloween Costumes

1) ‘In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.’ Unless you’re Cady, of course. Her dead bride costume is […]

1) ‘In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.’ Unless you’re Cady, of course. Her dead bride costume is a movie classic.

2)  ‘I told you Siamese cats, not Siamese twins!’ The twins’ Halloween-costume-gone-wrong in A Cinderella Story is probably not one you’d want to copy!

3) Georgia as an olive in Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This is definitely one of the funniest fancy dress costumes we’ve seen!

4) Friends: Monica’s fancy dress party. The rabbit suit may be where the one obsession stems from: it’s definitely something special! And Monica’s Sindy in Grease-style catsuit is a classic.

5) And finally, Halloween film fancy dress at its best: Hocus Pocus. Sarah Jessica Parker is almost unrecognisable under those eyebrows! This would be so much fun to recreate for Halloween, especially the hair!

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month