bernadette-chapman
3rd December 2013

Top 5 Songs… about Clothes

Songs to soundtrack a catwalk

Chris de Burgh – Lady in Red

Electric drums, the gentle guitar riff played with overbite, classic synth, and Chris’s smooth ‘mmmms.’ You cannot get any better. Literally; it’s Partridge endorsed you know.

Weezer – Undone (the Sweater Song)

Made when Weezer were on the precipice of the frat-rock genre. If only they stopped at this song about pulling a sweater thread until there’s nothing left, instead of going on to record ‘Beverley Hills.’

Velvet Underground – Venus in Furs

‘Venus in Furs’ is drone music with a mysticism fetish and very few chords. It sonically aches with its story of love and obsession.

The Cramps – I Wanna Get in Your Pants

Imagine the dancing in Dirty Dancing was actually as sleazy as everyone in the film pretended it was and multiply by a factor of surf. Perfect rock ‘n’ sleaze.

Pissed Jeans – Caught Licking Leather

I have no idea what they’re on about. The drums march on, but everything else bleeds in and out of the track in a fantastically noisy fashion. Brilliant.

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.