lauren-arthur
22nd February 2014

Five twitter accounts you should be following

Bored of reading about real life people’s problems? Make your timeline more interesting with these popular accounts

1. Harry Potter (@ArryPottah) 

None of us were ready to let go of the Harry Potter series and luckily it lives on through many a parody account. (Similar:  The Dark Lord/@Lord_Voldemort7)

2. Classic Pics (@History_Pics)

Who doesn’t like looking at old black and whites? A collection of photos that make you go ‘ooh’, celebrities in their younger years and people who are generally cooler/more interesting than you.

3. can you not? (@SassyGirl)

Tweeting to represent the fives fs (fabulous, feisty, fearless, feminine and fierce). Note: you may only class yourself as sassy if you get to the bottom of the third page and still find yourself relating to her wise words.

4. Faces in Things (@FacesPics)

Your door handle has a face? Yes it does, and so do a lot of other inanimate objects apparently.

5. Present Day Clueless (@ModernClueless)

Cher was from the 90s but who said she should stay there? Here she is tweeting about her woes and troubles, 2014 style.  

Did you know that there’s a spa under Simon Building

Rumour has it that deep in the depths of UoM lies a hidden spa. Why? We cannot say. But should you embark on an adventure to find it? Absolutely.

Three years at university: What have I learnt?

As the academic year draws to a close, here are some of the more unexpected lessons I have learnt from three years at Manchester University

How do we tackle the student loneliness crisis?

At a university where 45,000 students cross paths every day, it should be impossible to feel lonely

Keeping on top of the news cycle: How to stay up to date as a student

Being a student can mean an incredibly busy schedule, so how can you make time to find out what’s happening in the world?