jenny-sterne

It’s Wednesday, Why Not!

The Students’ Union launch a new Student night on the 17th September—Why Not Wednesdays.

“Why Not Wednesdays” is the Students’ Unions new weekly student night. It will be launching on Wednesday 17th September from 23:00 – 03:00 with a UV Bouncy Castle Disco. The night will include giant bouncy castles, UV cannons, free glow bands and a few other surprises. Upcoming events include Two Door Cinema Club, an Oktoberfest special, a Tiki style Beach Party and many more acts performing across the year.

The Students’ Union has said that the idea behind the event is “to put the fun back into student club nights in Manchester”. Three rooms of music will make up the event ensuring there is something for everyone, from Ibiza cuts and remixes, anthemic indie and alternative rock tracks, to old school hip hop, disco and R&B. There will also be a range of drinks offers from £1.50.

The Union promises “loads of giveaways, big name acts and amazing themes with all the profit going back into supporting the Union to support you”. A competition within The Mancunion will also be run in the near future, with the chance to win four platinum passes, entitling you to free entry all year for the event.

Entrance for the night is £3.50 in advance or £4.50 on the door. The Union has also announced that the University of Manchester Student Union societies, halls of residences and sports teams are able to get special discount rates for their social events. They can even, if so inclined, sell the tickets and keep the difference to raise money for their society, team or hall.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.manchesterstudentsunion.com or from the Students’ Union Helpdesk. For more information see the Facebook page ‘Why not Wednesdays?’ or follow them on Twitter – @WhyNotWed.

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further