anna-phillips
23rd September 2014

Nando’s Napkin Gets Dealer Nicked- Needs Image

Manchester drug dealer busted after his fingerprints were left on a Nando’s napkin

A drug dealer has been sentenced at Manchester Crown Court to two years and four months imprisonment after his fingerprints were found on a Nando’s napkin.

Manchester based Ajaz Raja had left his fingerprints on the napkin he used to partially wrap around his cocaine.

When officers from North Manchester’s Organised Crime Unit (Operation Cairo) conducted a drugs warrant on a house in Cheetham Hill, they found cocaine with a street value of £6,960, amongst dozens of snap bags and a set of digital scales.

During the subsequent investigation, the Nando’s napkin was found which revealed his fingerprints.

Ajaz pleaded guilty at an earlier stage to possession of cocaine with intent to supply, and was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court last week.

PC Darren Wayman, of Operation Cairo, said: “No matter how well drug dealers think they cover their tracks they will always slip up, as in this case. Once we presented the prints evidence to him he had little option but to admit to the offence.

“He’s now been jailed for more than two years so he won’t be enjoying a meal out at Nando’s, or anywhere else for that matter, for some time.”

Record 159 students apply to LeadMCR

159 students have applied, breaking the record set in 2016

John Rylands Library to undergo major £7.6m transformation

The John Rylands will undergo a £7.6m revision, allowing the building to meet mid-21st century needs

University round-up: new 24/7 helpline, (nearly) oldest-ever graduate, and a rise in burglaries

Read the latest news from UK universities, featuring a new 95-year-old graduate and the rollout of a new 24/7 helpline service

Students’ Union release statement in response to “Pro-Life Society” petition

The Students’ Union Exec team has released a statement outlining their legal position in regards to the creation of and affiliation with new societies