• The We Get It! campaign enters its next phase

jessica-weiss
21st November 2014

The We Get It! campaign enters its next phase

The We Get It! campaign, the Students’ Union’s zero tolerance to sexual harassment incentive, has moved into its next stage with a “report and support” button on My Manchester and the appointment of at least two sexual harassment advisers

The We Get It! campaign, the Students’ Union’s zero tolerance to sexual harassment incentive has moved into its next stage.

Created in February last year, the campaign aims to end sexual harassment on campus by providing the student body and university staff with more support and training as well as raising awareness about the many forms of sexual harassment.

To date, the campaign has had over 5500 students and staff pledges against sexual harassment since its foundation.

In addition, a “report and support” button on My Manchester has been created, which enables students to report acts of sexual harassment faster.

The Students’ Union has also appointed at least two sexual harassment advisers to help and support victims of sexual harassment.

The aim of the next campaign stage is to raise awareness of the differing sensitivity levels amongst the student and staff body through events and campus discussion.

Where do you draw the line? events, which took place last week, asked students to place a scenario on a harassment spectrum, from “harmless banter” to “potentially dangerous”.

A new campaign video is also out, which features Dame Professor Nancy Rothwell, members of the Students’ Union Executive, AU captains, and the Editor-in-Chief of The Mancunion. It can be found on the Students’ Union website.

UoM’s Chancellor finds institutional discrimination in new London Fire Brigade report

in a leaked report, The University of Manchester’s Chancellor, Nazir Afzal OBE, has found the London Fire Brigade to be institutionally racist and misogynistic
“Whose streets? Our streets” chants echo during Reclaim the Night

This years Reclaim the Night protest saw hundreds of students marching from Fallowfield to the Students Union in protest of gender-based violence
How to claim the University of Manchester’s cost-of-living payment

All full-time students at the University of Manchester are eligible for £170 payments for the cost-of-living crisis, here’s how you can claim yours…
University Watch November: What’s going on around the UK?

A round-up of some of the big news from other Universities in the UK this November