2nd December 2014

Top 5: Christmas jumpers

Christmas jumpers don’t need to cringe. Kirsty Marsh offers her top five stylish seasonal knits

Tis the season to be jolly and what better way to express your festive spirit than with a jazzy Christmas jumper? But if ironic cartoon reindeers and blinding Fair Isle patterns aren’t your bag, the high street has plenty of stylish alternatives.

The Fashion One (Above)

This monochrome sweater is perfect if you’re just too cool and nonchalant for those regular Christmas jumpers. Those snow men and elves are just sooo cliché.

Photo: Asda, £14

The Cute One
What could be cuter than two little Robin Red Breasts? Embrace the festivities and share the Christmas love in what has to be the sweetest knit this season!

Photo: Asos, £35

The Traditional One
You can’t beat a classic, can you? A traditional Fair Isle knit never goes out of style but give it a modern twist with leather trousers and cool silver jewellery.

Photo: Marks and Spencer, £25

The Sparkly One
Trust me on this, I know M&S might be your mum’s retailer of choice but they are unrivalled this season for their selection of glamorous festive knits!

Photo: Missguided, £22.99

The D.I.Y. One
Sadly student flats and budgets don’t accommodate Christmas trees, however there is a solution. Thanks to Missguided all you need is this super-cute jumper for your very own portable tree. And as it comes with a bag of Velcro decorations you can have fun decorating it too!

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway