2nd December 2014

Top 5: Christmas jumpers

Christmas jumpers don’t need to cringe. Kirsty Marsh offers her top five stylish seasonal knits

Tis the season to be jolly and what better way to express your festive spirit than with a jazzy Christmas jumper? But if ironic cartoon reindeers and blinding Fair Isle patterns aren’t your bag, the high street has plenty of stylish alternatives.

The Fashion One (Above)

This monochrome sweater is perfect if you’re just too cool and nonchalant for those regular Christmas jumpers. Those snow men and elves are just sooo cliché.

Photo: Asda, £14

The Cute One
What could be cuter than two little Robin Red Breasts? Embrace the festivities and share the Christmas love in what has to be the sweetest knit this season!

Photo: Asos, £35

The Traditional One
You can’t beat a classic, can you? A traditional Fair Isle knit never goes out of style but give it a modern twist with leather trousers and cool silver jewellery.

Photo: Marks and Spencer, £25

The Sparkly One
Trust me on this, I know M&S might be your mum’s retailer of choice but they are unrivalled this season for their selection of glamorous festive knits!

Photo: Missguided, £22.99

The D.I.Y. One
Sadly student flats and budgets don’t accommodate Christmas trees, however there is a solution. Thanks to Missguided all you need is this super-cute jumper for your very own portable tree. And as it comes with a bag of Velcro decorations you can have fun decorating it too!

Zendaya and the art of theme dressing

Are Zendaya and stylist Law Roach the fashion worlds answer to Lennon and McCartney?

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse