2nd December 2014

You don’t have to get them to give them GAP!

Sofia Coppola has joined forces with Gap for their latest festive fashion campaign, Mia Krikler takes a look

Fashion icon and globally acclaimed director of hits such as ‘Lost in Translation’, Sofia Coppola has directed Gap’s adorable Christmas campaign adverts. Capturing the curious charms of a family Christmas, Coppola has created a series of four short advertisements for the brand.

With the actors wrapped up in Gap’s AW14 collection which consists of warm, stripy staple items that you can wear with anything, one of the films portrays a teenage beauty playing on the pinball machine in a deserted restaurant. Whereas another short film depicts a quintessential Christmas environment with a boy left standing under the mistletoe.

With her beautiful cinematography, Coppola successfully warms the nation’s hearts with these adverts, leaving us longing for snowy, hot chocolate-filled nights, wrapped in (if you are lucky, Burberry) blankets around a warm fire.

The characters all have an idiosyncrasy that leads them to say the tagline “You don’t have to get them to give them GAP”. Gap’s creative Director, Rebekka Bay said that Coppola “helped us to bring our fashion themes to life”. The campaign showcases the brand’s optimistic stripe collection alongside their biker jackets. This collection is more giftable and as Bay says, “More Gap than ever!”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uS-51cbck

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.