patrick-hinton
3rd February 2015

Preview: High Bank presents Richelle (Live)

Richelle / Soup Kitchen / 7th February / £5

High Bank is the new project of Manchester’s own Samename and Dj Croww, starting this Saturday (February 7th) at Soup Kitchen.

Speaking about their motivation in starting the night, the pair explain: “What we want High Bank to be is a place where people can experience different kinds of club music, some of which don’t have a proper platform currently or that haven’t been represented in our city before.”

“It’s an outlet for us to experiment in a small intimate space on a strong system, create and curate our own line ups and bring people who wouldn’t usually come to England or Manchester.”

This unique opportunity to hear underground club genres from across the world – be it Footwork or Jersey club from the US, Cumbia and Dembow from South America or Grime from closer to home – makes High Bank a vital addition to Manchester’s scene.

For their debut event they’ve invited a man who epitomises the High Bank manifesto: Richelle. The co-founder of influential Belgian label Pelican Fly is making some of the most forward-thinking and exciting club music around with his diverse intertwining of multiple club genres that are spliced with a southern rap swagger. Richelle will be performing a very rare live set.

High Bank have also just announced special guest and House of Trax honcho Rushmore, a Dj they affirm “specialises in raw and ghetto sounds like no one else”. Support comes from residents Samename and Dj Croww.

Further information can be found on the facebook event.

£4 early bird tickets are now sold out, but there are a limited number of £5 tickets available from Skiddle here.

Bleachers live in Manchester: Fan-centric show from the studio to the stage

The Jack Antonoff-fronted six-piece, Bleachers, break the fourth wall at their Manchester O2 Ritz show equipped with theatric production but packed with earnest, artist to audience interactions

The Pleasure Dome present ‘Liminal Space’: A surprisingly varied punk rock powerhouse

Bristolian rockers The Pleasure Dome return with their newest EP ‘Liminal Space’ to demonstrate their musical versatility

bar italia live in Manchester: An embrace from ‘Tracey Denim’ and ‘The Twits’

bar italia gets the crowd ‘punkt’ with a fruitful return at Manchester’s Band on the Wall, sustaining their reputability after two successful albums

Big Foot’s EP ‘Smir’: Is the Activities and Culture Officer’s music any good?

Robbie Beale was elected because of his work with GABS. But how good is his band’s music?