kassi-allcock

What’s in my mum’s make-up bag?

Kassi Alcock delves deep into her mother’s make up bag for a little beauty enlightenment

Having already experimented with the majority of make-up brands that are on the market, my Mum’s make up bag consists solely of two brands: Lancôme and Clinique. There’s no doubt that she holds a strong loyalty to Lancôme, always returning for help from the same lady on the same Boots counter. Although she has started to collect the odd few products from Mac due to much persuasion from yours truly, including one of their staple lipsticks, Crème Cup, and one or two of their blushers, her daily make-up bag consists of her favourite two brands! Let’s dive straight in, shall we?

To begin with, I found the Super City Block moisturiser by Clinique, which has an SPF of 40. It works a charm, giving your bare face that little bit of extra life, along with acting as a beautiful primer to perfect your make-up look.

Photo: Clinique

My next find, and a newbie in my mum’s make up bag, was Lancôme’s CC City Miracle. Not wanting too thick a coverage, a CC Cream is a brilliant alternative to foundation.

Photo: The Mancunion

Onto the eyes, my Mum wears Lancôme’s Hypnose Waterproof Mascara, and the Hypnôse Drama Eyes Palette for eye shadow. What did I tell you—she’s Lancôme’s biggest fan!

Photo: The Mancunion Photo: The Mancunion

Next on the make up hit list, she applies Clinique’s Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Mixed Berries, giving a beautiful natural flush to her cheekbones.

Photo: The Mancunion

Last, but by all means not least, comes lipstick. How she chooses what lipstick to wear each day is beyond me, owning the majority of Lancôme’s lipstick range, but the one I found in her make up bag was in the shade Corail in Love from their Rouge in Love lipstick collection.

Photo: The Mancunion

The evolution of Coachella fashion: From glam to casual, has the fun faded?

Looking back at the biggest festival of the year and why it was such a disappointment for fashion fans

On screen style report #8: Samantha Jones

How would the original girlboss, Samantha Jones, tear up Manhattan in 2024? One showstopping look at a time…

The most iconic closets from TV and Film

Closets that never end, closets that pick your outfit for you, and closets controlled with a remote… ah the life of a fictional girlboss

Summer’s best defence: The top five sunscreen picks for your skincare

Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with our top five sunscreen picks; from lightweight formulas to advanced skincare benefits, these sunscreens offer protection and nourishment for summer-ready skin