katie-green
22nd September 2015

Recipe: Creme egg brownies

Katie Green shows us how to make these eggsellent chocolate treats in time for Easter
Recipe: Creme egg brownies

Serves: 12 Cooking Time: 25 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes

Easter is just around the corner; the only month other than Christmas where eating vast amounts of chocolate is deemed somewhat acceptable. So having an excuse to try out these creme egg brownies was perfect and not an opportunity I was going to miss out on! After seeing quite a few people making these and being unbelievably jealous of wanting to try them, I thought why not give it a go before creme eggs disappear from the shops for yet another year. It doesn’t matter how experienced you are in baking, as it requires hardly any baking knowledge whatsoever and the recipe I used to make them is really simple. The ingredients used were not too expensive as a lot of them I already had in my cupboards, which I am sure you will too. If you are looking for a perfect way to procrastinate, bake these! They are super quick to make and like I did, you’re sure to earn a few brownie points with your housemates.

Ingredients:

• 6 cadbury crème eggs
• 185g unsalted butter
• 185g dark chocolate
• 3 medium eggs
• 275g caster sugar
• 85g plain flour
• 40g cocoa powder

Method:

First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking tin to ensure the brownies don’t stick.

Over a pan of hot water melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small bowl, stirring frequently until smooth.

In a separate bowl, crack the 3 eggs and add the caster sugar, whisking the ingredients until it forms a smooth mixture.

After the chocolate mixture has cooled, pour the mixture into the egg and sugar mix, gently folding all the ingredients together.

Once you have done this, sift into the same bowl, the coco powder and flour and once again fold the mixtures together.

Pour the whole mixture into the baking tin, ensuring it is evenly spread. Bake for 15 minutes.

Take the brownies out of the oven and after cutting the creme eggs into halves, press them into the mix, then proceed to bake for another 10 minutes.

Leave the brownies to cool before removing them from the baking tin.

Finally, serve the brownies into around 12 separate pieces and enjoy!

Teenager murders 19 children in Texas School Shooting

On Robb Elemetary’s last day before summer break, a teenage gunman entered the school, murdering 14 children and one teacher.