lucy-menage

Fallowfield ALDI robbed by armed men

The ALDI discount store in the student area was robbed by four men carrying dangerous weapons recently

On Tuesday the 10th of November, ALDI, located on Lloyd Street South in Fallowfield, was robbed by men wielding either axes or sledgehammers. The incident took place at 2:15pm and was carried out by four men. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt; however, a security guard required treatment from paramedics at the scene due to having an injured hand.

The four culprits managed to escape with an unknown sum of cash just after staff had raised the alarm. Witnesses who arrived just after the event describe how “the whole store was cordoned off and there was an ambulance outside as well as lots of police. All the staff were still inside and thankfully it looked like none of them had been seriously hurt”.

This is the second time that a local ALDI has been targeted by armed robbers this year. Just five months ago in July at the ALDI store on Wilmslow Road in Didsbury, a robbery was carried out by two men in balaclavas, yet again armed with axes.