lucy-menage

Fallowfield ALDI robbed by armed men

The ALDI discount store in the student area was robbed by four men carrying dangerous weapons recently

On Tuesday the 10th of November, ALDI, located on Lloyd Street South in Fallowfield, was robbed by men wielding either axes or sledgehammers. The incident took place at 2:15pm and was carried out by four men. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt; however, a security guard required treatment from paramedics at the scene due to having an injured hand.

The four culprits managed to escape with an unknown sum of cash just after staff had raised the alarm. Witnesses who arrived just after the event describe how “the whole store was cordoned off and there was an ambulance outside as well as lots of police. All the staff were still inside and thankfully it looked like none of them had been seriously hurt”.

This is the second time that a local ALDI has been targeted by armed robbers this year. Just five months ago in July at the ALDI store on Wilmslow Road in Didsbury, a robbery was carried out by two men in balaclavas, yet again armed with axes.

UoM’s Chancellor finds institutional discrimination in new London Fire Brigade report

in a leaked report, The University of Manchester’s Chancellor, Nazir Afzal OBE, has found the London Fire Brigade to be institutionally racist and misogynistic
“Whose streets? Our streets” chants echo during Reclaim the Night

This years Reclaim the Night protest saw hundreds of students marching from Fallowfield to the Students Union in protest of gender-based violence
How to claim the University of Manchester’s cost-of-living payment

All full-time students at the University of Manchester are eligible for £170 payments for the cost-of-living crisis, here’s how you can claim yours…
University Watch November: What’s going on around the UK?

A round-up of some of the big news from other Universities in the UK this November