charlotte-ridout
3rd November 2016

Top 5: Halloween dance tracks

Charlotte Ridout helps us pretend Halloween isn’t over with this selection of ghoulish tunes

Halloween is over and although it may be time to pack away your ketchup-stained t-shirts and white contact lenses, that doesn’t mean you have to start listening to Christmas music straight away. If, like me, you still feel like getting your spook on, then you may be interested in these ghoulish tunes .

1. ‘Ghost’  – Mystery Skulls (Fred Falke remix)

The original track by Mystery Skulls is a solid addition to any playlist, but this remix gives the cheery tune a darker tone with minor chords and an 80s-style backing.

2. ‘After Life’ – Tchami feat. Stacy Barthe

This ethereal future house number asks the question “Where do I go in the afterlife?”. I don’t know the answer but if they have music there, I hope the basslines are as bouncy as this one.

3. ‘The Other Side’ – Pendulum

Drum and bass fans will be familiar with this classic from Pendulum. ‘The Other Side’ doesn’t go as hard as Pendulum’s later stuff so works well as a playlist filler if you don’t mind having horrifying flashbacks to whatever you looked like in 2008.

4. ‘Stranger Things’ – Main Theme (C418 Remix)

‘Stranger Things’ became the knockout hit of the summer, paying homage to 80s horror fiction and sci-fi like never before. If you’re looking for a more relaxed vibe, this is the track for you.

5. ‘Spooky Scary Skeletons’ (Remix) – The Living Tombstone

Even though it was released three years ago, ‘Spooky Scary Skeletons’ lives on through meme-fuelled infamy. If this isn’t on your Halloween playlist then really, what are you doing?