miriam-mizzi

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

A butternut squash soup is the perfect autumnal dish and easy to make, writes Miriam Mizzi

I found myself standing in the supermarket surrounded by shelves stacked with my favourite autumnal vegetables. There was only one thing for it, my classic more-ish winter dish, a roasted butternut squash soup.

This recipe is one I have experimented with lots of times before, dependent on availability at different times of the year, however, today I could get everything I needed.

– One large butternut squash

– Two sweet potatoes

– A red pepper

– Vegetable stock

– One chilli

Start by roasting the butternut squash in the oven. I cut mine into quarters and seasoned it with salt, pepper, paprika and chilli flakes, and then doused it in oil. Pop in the oven at about 200 degrees.

Then, peel and chop the sweet potatoes, season them and add them to the oven about 15 minutes after the squash. Keep checking the veg until it has softened up. Add the chopped red pepper. Once it is all soft enough to blend, remove and cool.

Spoon the flesh out of the butternut squash and add it to a saucepan. Add the soft pepper and sweet potatoes.

In a jug, mix the vegetable stock with a pint of boiling water. Slowly add this to the saucepan of roasted vegetables and begin blending.

It is completely up to you how much stock to add, consistency is down to individual taste.

Chop the chilli and sprinkle on top. I added a few chopped spring onions too for crunch!

Coffee shops return with a latte new festive drinks

With so many festive additions, which menus will make you frappé this Christmas?
Christmas at FOLK with all the trimmings

Wanting to impress your parents with Manchester’s best suburban spot? Cool, classy, independent, and delicious: folks, it time to get yourselves down to FOLK
THE BUTCHER is the bun for me

THE BUTCHER is the bun for me

Manchester’s latest burger destination is bound to blow your mind
Review: I love Fruit and Veg from Europe

‘I love Fruit and Veg from Europe’ took us on a culinary journey through a menu of nutritious and delicious fruit and veg!