sarah-kilcourse

Lets talk about thongs

Potentially the most controversial item you’ll find in your lingerie drawer

Your choice of underpinning for some reason is seen as a reflection as what sort of girl you are, and the thong says all sorts of things about you. Some people believe that thongs are the antithesis of class, a strip of fabric between your cheeks! Not for nice young ladies! Instead choose briefs, choose hiphuggers, choose brazillian knickers.

The early noughties trend for low rise jeans and g-strings over the hips has in many respects ruined the reputation of thongs, however, I, like Sisqo, am a big fan of thongs. All ladies knickers inevitably rise up the derriere so as far as I’m concerned, its best to start with them there in the first place. Otherwise the sensation of wedgie (I can think of no better term) is enough to ruin ones day!

Why spend your day worrying about when you can adjust yourself to feel comfortable? Or catching a glimpse of yourself with a horrific VPL so you look like you have double bum? With a thong this problem never exists!

I must admit I have certain favourites for thongs, I am a big fan of Victoria’s Secret lingerie in all ways and the thongs do not disappoint. Available on a 5 for £25 deal or 3 for £30, so its not cheap but they’re definitely some of the best thongs on the market. If you’re looking for more of a student budget thong Primark’s £1 thong cannot be knocked, with the variety of colours and the very lovely price.

A few tips for choosing the correct thong, don’t go too stringy or it can be a bit too like a cheese cutter; also, look out for where the seams are — this applies to all knickers to be fair — just think of where the seams may end up, that’s all I’m saying.

So in my opinion, throw caution to the wind, ignore what your grandma would think, embrace the thong, and let your bum cheeks jiggle free when you walk.

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.