roma-havers

Poet of the Week: Jake Piazza

Jake Piazza is Poet of the Week beginning 27/03/2017

Jake Piazza is a writer and artist currently studying at the University of Manchester 

2.

Twisted skeletal ashes lie strewn down department stores, a serenade of parapets draining my despair is a runway of flowers. Dragonflies stain my body glimmering with translucent haze. Synchronise Swan co-aligned a ring of cygnets across the deserted blue pond so green dragonflies and pond skaters’ skimmer across the water’s surface. Poised, diagonal lines trace their memory through water to the sound of beetles clicking in the grassland. A baby rattle was found there. I rattle, girl lost crying at her bus stop, running rings round a tired winter. Dusting off his jewelled knife, scarlets empty within her crushed corpse lying dead in the forest. To what end did the Fox die strung a prise of his amorphic glass girl lost shards upon the sidewalk.

Pairing Books With Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department 

To celebrate Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour coming to the UK, we’re here with the perfect book recommendation to match some of our favourite songs!

Audible plunges listeners into the depths of George Orwell’s 1984, leaving me dazed and hooked

Andrew Garfield stars as Winston Smith in ‘George Orwell’s 1984’, bringing Airstrip One to life through Audible’s dramatisation and leaving listeners craving more

The problem with publishing

We often view publishing as a way to make our voices heard on a public scale, but what if it is these same industries creating silence, too?

Spotify vs Audible: The battle for audiobook dominance

With streaming giant Spotify making its first steps into the world of audiobooks, could your next Spotify wrapped be dominated by Sally Rooney and Dolly Alderton rather than Taylor Swift?