charlie-spargo

Calls for information about student missing since Saturday night

Student Charlie Bartlett was last seen at Sound Control late on the night, but has not been heard from since

Friends and family of University of Manchester student Charlie Bartlett, who was last seen on the night of Saturday 6th of May, have called for any information about his whereabouts.

Charlie attended the Owens Park end of year ball at the Principal Hotel on Oxford Road on Saturday evening, the 6th of May. He went from there to Sound Control on New Wakefield Street, just across the road, but has not been seen since then. He is most likely to still be in black tie having come directly from the ball.

His brother, Harry, posted to Facebook on the 8th of May, asking for people to contact him or Greater Manchester Police if they knew anything about where Charlie might be, and to share as widely as possible to raise awareness.

“Charlie Bartlett, my little brother, has gone missing in Manchester for over 24 hours now. If anyone has or does see him, or knows anything please get in contact with me,” he posted.

He asked that people either called him, on 07827292124, or the police, on 0161 872 5050, quoting the reference 154-08051.

A rundown of LeadMCR election results night

The eight new SU Exec Officers were revealed on March 7 after two weeks of campaigning, as well as the seven NUS Representatives and the winners of the Union’s LeadMCR Alternative Awards

College Roundup: US edition

Enjoying this year’s University Round-ups? Here you can have a look across the pond at some of the drama from American Colleges

Manchester researchers find majority of women experience abuse while running

Over two-thirds of women in the study had been abused while running, with 58% reporting verbal abuse

Your new Exec team: LeadMCR 2024 results

Eight Exec Officers and seven NUS reps have been elected for LeadMCR 2024/25