millie-nettleton

Recipe: Emergency Microwave Mug Brownie

SOS: Sweet tooth emergency. Make this quick microwave mug recipe in just a minute!

Tough day? Period pains? Bleary Mancunian rain getting you down? Comfort your sorrows and your sweet tooth with this easy microwave mug recipe, ready in just one hot minute.

You will need:

5 tbsp Nutella (or equivalent)
1 egg
2 tbsp all purpose Flour

Method:

1. Put the Nutella in your mug and microwave on a medium setting for 15 seconds so it’s a little bit runny.

2. Add the egg and whisk the two together.

3. Add the flour a little at the time and mix until you have a smooth and even batter.

4. Microwave on high for around 45 seconds — voila!

Your brownie should be doughy on top with a gooey centre. Serve while it’s still warm, but don’t burn your tongue on the molten core! This recipe is made especially good when you drizzle on a little cream and add strawberries. For a festive vibe — try adding a little nutmeg with your flour. Bon appetit!

Behold the Bottomless Feast at Red’s True BBQ

Get legless and stuffed, at Red’s True Barbecue’s festive Bottomless Feast with both Meat-Lover and Meat-Free platters on offer!

Soy to the World! The Vegan Christmas Markets are here

A review of the Northern Vegan Christmas Markets that brought environmentally and animal-friendly festive cheer to all visitors

Manchester’s finest festive feasts

From New Century to Escape to Freight Island, FOLK to Reds True Barbeque, we’ve got all your festive food needs covered!

Coffee shops return with a latte new festive drinks

With so many festive additions, which menus will make you frappé this Christmas?