hannah-brierley

Win a Limited Edition Morrissey Clear Vinyl

Could you be the lucky person to get your hands on a limited edition Morrissey Vinyl?

Here’s a competition for all of you northern girls and boys. As you’re all probably seen — or heard — that Morrissey is back in the swing of things. After three years of hiding in the shadows and taking a break of limelight he has proudly brought out his new album Low in High School.

The Telegraph pondered that after only hearing the first two singles released from the album it has the potential to be “classic Morrissey: musical adventurous, witty, and political”.

The remaining ten album tracks continue in the same vein: chastising political figures, questioning authority, and regaling us with old-fashioned love stories. Entertaining, provocative, insightful, and intelligent, Morrissey weaves a narrative like no other and none more so than on Low In High School.

Morrissey – Credit Monika Stolarska

The album will be released digitally and in various physical formats: CD, coloured vinyl, and limited-edition cassette. Limited vinyl formats and bundles will be available via the Mporium, with the vinyl in different colours with lyrics and sleeve notes in French (blue), Spanish (transparent orange), and Japanese (transparent yellow). The Mporium will also stock a limited edition 7” box set with clear vinyl.

SO, us here at The Mancunion, have a few prizes to give away.

1st Prize: Limited edition clear vinyl of the album
2nd Prize x 2: CD copy of the album

If you can answer this very very difficult question:

What is the second line of the single ‘Spent The Day In Bed’?

Please e-mail your name, student number, and your answer to:

[email protected]

Entries close on Sunday the 3rd of December 2017  (23:59)

Winners will be announced on Monday the 4th of December 2017.

Live review: Sudan Archives raises the bar at Band on the Wall

The American artist visited Manchester last Thursday, and her performance exemplified everything exciting about music right now
On ‘And In the Darkness, Hearts Aglow’ Weyes Blood shines

The ethereal singer-songwriter delivers strong track after strong track on her latest album
Sigur Ros move and exhilarate at O2 Apollo Manchester

The Icelandic post-rockers return to O2 Apollo Manchester to celebrate their illustrious 25-year career
The Lightning Seeds are still gleaming at the Albert Hall

Live at the Albert Hall, The Lightning Seeds are a blast of energy, joy, and riotously good tunes (including ‘Three Lions’ of course!)