anokhi-shah

The best Valentines dining deals 2018

A few good deals if you’re looking to do something romantic on cupid’s big day
The best Valentines dining deals 2018
Photo: TerriC @ Pixabay

Cane and Grain — Valentine’s Day special is the perfect mini meat feast. Indulge in baby back ribs, beef short ribs, pulled pork slider, and a choice of three sides, all washed down with a glass of chilled champagne for just £25pp

The Bay Horse — Valentine’s offer is a three-course dinner, accompanied by a glass of champagne for just £27.95. Starters: today’s soup/duck heart with blackberry purée/mussels marinara/quiche trio/ham hock terrine. Mains: rotisserie pork or chicken served with thrice cooked chips and gravy/pan seared sea bass with caper butter, mash, and asparagus/mushroom wellington, mash, broccoli, and almonds/goats cheese and roasted beetroot salad. Desserts: chocolate fondant/crème brûlée/selection of sharing desserts

Dog Bowl — Ideal for a group of mates. Two courses, a game of bowling, and a glass of prosecco for just £25pp

El Capo — Two course specially created sharing menu. Enjoy a 16oz steak with four sides followed by Churros and a bottle of red or white house wine for just £20pp

Hard Rock Café — Special set menu £25pp

Zouk Tea Bar and Grill — Valentines banquet £25pp

Shoryu Ramen — three-course Valentine’s Day menu and glass of prosecco £23.50pp

Scene Indian Kitchen — Valentines set menu £20pp

La Vina, Deansgate ― A Spanish set menu £24.95pp

Record 159 students apply to LeadMCR

159 students have applied, breaking the record set in 2016

John Rylands Library to undergo major £7.6m transformation

The John Rylands will undergo a £7.6m revision, allowing the building to meet mid-21st century needs

University round-up: new 24/7 helpline, (nearly) oldest-ever graduate, and a rise in burglaries

Read the latest news from UK universities, featuring a new 95-year-old graduate and the rollout of a new 24/7 helpline service

Students’ Union release statement in response to “Pro-Life Society” petition

The Students’ Union Exec team has released a statement outlining their legal position in regards to the creation of and affiliation with new societies