yasmin-duggal

Preview: Little Comets

Don’t miss the band this Friday at Manchester’s Club Academy
Preview: Little Comets
Photo: Wikimedia Commons

After releasing their new single ‘M62’ last month, Little Comets began their UK tour this week, kicking things off in Nottingham and providing one hell of show.

On Friday night, the band will bring their energy to Manchester’s Club Academy, and will finish the tour in their North East home on the 21st ofApril in Newcastle. With three further singles, European festival appearances, and an album to follow this year, 2018 is set to be a busy year for the lads.

Little Comets have spent the winter in Europe, writing in Frank Sinatra’s former Bordeaux home, after an arena tour with Catfish and the Bottlemen and a jam-packed 2017. The change of scene indicates the potential for a refreshing fifth album, but they are sure to stay true to their kitchen sink indie roots.

The latest single ‘M62’ is an ode to Manchester and it’s clear they’ve enjoyed experimenting with guitar sounds. In some ways the track returns to their older sound, in contrast to 2017’s Worhead. ‘M62’ is beautifully raw in its nifty guitar licks and quirky lyrical style, and promises great things for the band’s new record.

You can catch Little Comets on the following April dates: 

Friday 13th – Club Academy, Manchester
Saturday 14th –  O2 Institute, Birmingham
Sunday 15th – The Fleece, Bristol
Monday 16th – O2 Academy Oxford, Oxford
Wednesday 18th – Concorde 2, Brighton
Thursday 19th – Camden Electric Ballroom, London
Friday 20th – Church, Leeds
Saturday 21st – O2 Academy Newcastle, Newcastle

Details at www.littlecomets.com

Cirque du Soleil: In conversation with Roger Hewett

Jessica Hamilton interviews band leader Roger Hewett ahead of Cirque du Soleil: Corteo’s residency at AO Arena
Live Review: Kim Wilde at Bridgewater Hall

Legendary singer Kim Wilde’s The Greatest Hits Tour played at Bridgewater Hall – where she was joined by China Crisis.
Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women rule most diverse line-up to date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.