nicolewootoncane

Police called after “violent incident” at Salford nightclub

Police were called after a “violent incident” in the early hours of Sunday morning at Salford nightclub The White Hotel.
Photo: Terry @ Wikimedia Commons

The White Hotel nightclub in Salford has issued a statement after a “violent incident” took place in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The venue said they were “shocked and upset”, and urged any witnessed of the event to get in touch with Greater Manchester Police.

Eyewitness accounts in Fallowfield Students’ Group (FSG) suggest that a fight broke out outside the nightclub after a group was thrown out by door staff after “chucking stuff around.”

Allegedly, the group went on to get into a car and drive into those they had been fighting with.

Police were called to The White Hotel at around 5:20am on Sunday morning.

However, no further details have been released by Greater Manchester Police.

Manchester’s ‘night tsar’ Sacha Lord commented via twitter, writing “Everyone in Greater Mcr has a right to go for a night out, enjoy themselves and return home safely.”

“I’ll be working with both GMP and grassroots venues such as the White Hotel to ensure we prioritise the safety of our residents at night time.”

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Deputy Editor of The Mancunion

Pro-Palestinian student groups occupy Simon Building in protest against University

Manchester Leftist Action have occupied the Simon Building to protest alleged University connections with Israel, along with students from UoM Rent Strike and Youth Front for Palestine