// Breaking News:

UK Vice-Chancellor pay soars to 13 times median wage

//Breaking: UK Vice-Chancellor pay soars to 13 times median wage More

• Mancunion
  • ‘Major incident’ reported near Fallowfield after man stabbed
Photo By @SeanB102 via Twitter

‘Major incident’ reported near Fallowfield after man stabbed

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has confirmed that a 22-year-old man has been taken to hospital after an incident near Fallowfield.

There was a heavy police presence close to Fallowfield on Monday night, with the A34 Kingsway closed at the junction with Moseley Road on the border of Fallowfield and Burnage. 

According to the Manchester Evening News (MEN), eyewitnesses at the scene said they were told of a ‘major incident’. Another eyewitness told the MEN that at the scene was “a coat and it’s covered in blood.” 

Transport for Greater Manchester tweeted: “Travel Update: Due to a police incident Kingsway A34 is closed at the junction of Moseley Road, Burnage #TfGMTraffic.”

Paramedics were also on the scene, a video posted on Twitter shows a traffic jam at the Fallowfield Loop with sirens and emergency vehicles in the background.

The incident is thought to have taken place close to the Armitage Sports Centre, home to University of Manchester playing fields and gym.

Stagecoach Greater Manchester tweeted: “50 Service diverted Parrs Wood bound due to a police incident on Kingsway via Moseley Rd Burnage Lane Mauldeth Rd will be unable to serve stops on Kingsway and Grangethorpe Drive until further notice”. 

Greater Manchester Police have released the following statement: “At around 6.55pm on Monday 28 January 2019 police were called to Kingsway in Levenshulme to reports that a man had been stabbed.

“Officers attended and a 22-year-old man was taken to hospital where he is currently receiving treatment for serious injuries. No arrests have yet been made.

“Police have now launched an investigation and are appealing for anyone with any information to get in touch with police on 101, quoting the reference number 1900 of 28/01/19.”

Tags: A34, fallowfield, GMP, Moseley Road, police

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This