livwhite

Preview: Greenman Festival 2019

Editor Olivia White previews one of 2019’s strongest UK lineup’s, Greenman Festival. This folk-rock festival sees the likes of Father John Misty, Sharon Van Etten and IDLES.
Preview: Greenman Festival 2019
Photo: Joshua Hiatt @ Authorised Press

Possibly the UK’s most understated festival, Greenman Festival, has finally announced the impressive array of talent it will be showcasing this August in the Brecon Beacons.

After hosting 2018 headliners with tantalising trio King Gizzard, Fleet Foxes, and The War on Drugs, it has certainly been an anxious wait to see if they could top such a strong year. Among this year’s headliners are Four Tet, Father John Misty, Eels, and Sharon Van Etten while the rest of the line-up screams confidence and variety unlike some of the UK’s larger festival announcements.

Current critic punk favourite’s IDLES also make Greenman’s stirring announcement poster alongside Khruangbin, Aldous Harding, Julia Jacklin, Pigs x7, Marika Hackman, and Car Seat Headrest.

After being awarded by both The Guardian and The Independent with 5 stars and priding itself as a communal, relaxed, and eclectic festival, Greenman certainly does appear to cater for just about everyone.

Greenman spans over 10 unique areas hosting interactive exhibitions, late night entertainment, a galaxy for the “little folk”, breweries, hideaways, spa treatments, solar panel fuelled stages, and comedy. Greenman offers a full-packed, cosmic experience that is intrinsically linked with the beautiful nature and scenery that it is embedded in.

Without a clearly stated message, the ethos of Greenman is refreshing, caring, and thrilling. The wholesome activities and entertainment you can engage in is a well-needed escape from the mundaneness of the every day and an act of self-care.

Greenman Festival takes place 15th-18th August near a small town called Crickhowell.

Visit Greenman Festival for any ticket types, payment plans, and travel information.

Don’t miss one of the UK’s strongest 2019 festivals. You will regret it.

Photo: Authorised Press

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT