bellafleming
2nd December 2019

Preview: Dido at Manchester O2 Apollo

Dido is touring the UK for the second time this year in celebration of her new album Still on My Mind and her debut album No Angel turning 20
Preview: Dido at Manchester O2 Apollo
Photo: Simon Emmet

Embarking on her first tour in 15 years, English down-tempo pop singer Dido is set to perform at Manchester’s O2 Apollo on Tuesday 3rd December.

It is clear that 2019 has been a huge year for the singer. In the same year that her hugely successful debut album No Angel turns 20, Dido has also shared her latest album Still on My Mind – the first new music from the singer in five years.

The release of Still On My Mind has led to Dido being crowned the best-selling UK solo female artist of the year. The deluxe edition of her latest album also features new acoustic recordings of her biggest hits ‘Thank You’ and ‘White Flag.’

Having sold out every show on her UK tour earlier in May this year, the second UK tour has been anticipated highly and features dates in cities such as Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, and London. The tour will feature performances of her new album as well as classic hits such as ‘Thank You’, ‘Here With Me’, ‘Life For Rent’ and ‘White Flag.’

Tickets for Dido’s ‘Still on My Mind’ tour can be found here: https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/dido

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark