Death Drop announces its killer new cast

Original Death Drop stars Jujubee and Kitty Scott-Claus join the all-star cast of its standalone sequel, Death Drop: Back in the Habit
Kitty Scott-Claus and Jujubee. Photo: TuckshopPhoto: TuckShop

Following three sold-out West End runs and a smash hit UK tour, Death Drop is back! The drag murder mystery sensation has returned with a brand-new show: Death Drop: Back In The Habit. The show promises to be another “killer show… that absolutely slays.”

Whilst the first Death Drop centred on a mysterious, glamorous hostess inviting a bunch of outrageous divas to her secluded mansion, the standalone sequel has relocated the action to a Convent!

The plot follows a gaggle of fabulous Nuns trapped in their Convent with a serial slayer slashing their way through the Sisters. As the clues are unearthed by Sis Marple, you’ll be laughing in the pews as the hilarious, fierce, all-drag killer comedy comes to its thrilling and uproarious conclusion.

Casting varies from venue to venue. Sadly, Willam (who led the first tour) has now departed Back in the Habit. Willam is known for playing transgender woman Cherry Peck in Nip/Tuck, competing in (and being disqualified from) the fourth season of Drag Race, and starring in EastSiders (for which she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award).

The second half of the tour is set to be led by Drag Race legend Jujubee, who has competed in numerous RuPaul competitions. She came third place on season two of Drag Race, joint-third place on season one of All Stars, runner-up on season five of All Stars, joint-1oth (last) place in Queen of the Universe, and third place in UK vs. The World.

Jujubee previously stared in the third West End run of Death Drop. She will get back in the habit from January 31 in Dublin. Jujubee will be replacing River Medway (Drag Race UK series three – joint-sixth place) as Sister Maria JulieAndrews, who departs the tour on January 28 in Aberdeen. We’re gutted we won’t get to see Medway in action, but you know what they say? When a new Supreme rises, the other one fades away…

Kitty Scott-Claus, who also starred in Death Drop in the Wet End, joins the tour on January 10 in Sheffield (replacing Willam) and will make it until the very end (but the end is Birmingham so she might not be too happy about that). Scott-Claus is best-known for being joint-runner-up in the third series of Drag Race UK.

Completing the main cast is Cheryl Hole, female drag queen Victoria Scone, and Drag King LoUis CYfer.

Cheryl Hole came fourth place in the first series of Drag Race UK and eighth place in UK vs. The World. Victoria Scone, the first female contestant in the franchise’s history, came tenth in series three of Drag Race UK, after being forced to withdraw because of a knee injury. However, she returned to the franchise this year, starring in Canada vs. The World, where she came joint-third. LoUis CYfer, meanwhile, is one of the country’s best-known Drag Kings; he starred in the original Death Drop.

Death Drop comes Trafalgar Theatre Productions and TuckShop. Trafalgar Theatre Productions produces new shows and classic musicals in London and internationally, including Anything Goes, Jagged Little Pill, Jersey Boys, The King and I, The Rocky Horror Show, and War Horse.

TuckShop, meanwhile, is the UK’s leading drag production company. They recently produced Who’s Holiday!, starring Miz Cracker, which had its European premiere at HOME in Manchester before transferring to London’s Off West End. I caught the penultimate Manchester show, and Miz Cracker brought me onstage and then derided me for the rest of the show!

I caught Death Drop at The Lowry last year. As a fan of both drag and murder mysteries, I knew I’d love it, yet the show exceeded my high expectations. So, book yourself a ticket today – but be prepared to get slayed!

Death Drop: Back in the Habit tours the UK until March 18, with its penultimate stop being Manchester Opera House.