sarahtaylor2

All you need to know about Neighbourhood Weekender 2023

Neighbourhood Weekender returns to Warrington with a stellar line-up including Pulp, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Kooks, and more!
Photo: SJM Concerts

Neighbourhood Weekender returns to Victoria Park, Warrington on May 27 – 28 2023, with a stellar line-up including headliners Pulp, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, and The Kooks. They will be joined by The Wombats, Self Esteem, Everything Everything, and Anne-Marie as well as additional performances from exciting emerging talent.

After beginning as an autumn day festival with bands dotted around the independent venues of Manchester city centre, Neighbourhood introduced their non-camping weekend festival in 2018, and the event has continued to grow in size and success, booking increasingly exciting acts. Just a short journey from Manchester, Liverpool, or Wigan, Neighbourhood Weekender is exactly the celebration of indie, rock, and pop music that the North West needs!

When?

May 27 – 28 2023

Where?

Victoria Park, Warrington

Who?

Saturday May 27 2023

Dynamic duo Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott will headline on Saturday night, showcasing their abundance of hits including Paul’s work with the Housemartins (‘Caravan of Love’, ‘Happy Hour’), Jacqui’s work with The Beautiful South (‘Rotterdam’, ‘Perfect 10’, ‘Don’t Marry Her’), and original material from their five collaborative albums, the latest of which N.K-Pop debuted at number one in the UK.

Indie favourites The Kooks will play a greatest hits set, in celebration of the 10-year anniversary of their first and most beloved LP, Inside In/Inside Out. The Brighton outfit have one of the UK’s most successful girl groups, the newly reunited Sugababes will perform, fresh from a sold-out UK tour last autumn.

Their original line-up Keisha Buchanan, Mutya Buena, and Siobhan Donaghy will appear, bringing out the best of their back catalogue from ‘Overload’ and ‘Freak Like Me’ to ‘Hole in the Head’ and ‘Push the Button’, as well as material from their long-overdue Lost Tapes record.

Other notable artists include Liverpool indie-rockers The Wombats and Scouting For Girls.

Ones to watch include scouse post-punk outfit STONE and the eclectic Courting, with both bands guaranteed to put on a raucous performance, along with dreamy indie-pop star Rachel Chinouriri.

Sunday 28 May 2023

This will mark the second show for the highly anticipated return of Pulp as part of their What we do for an encore tour. The Britpop stalwarts, headed by the inimitable Jarvis Cocker will be touring for the first time in 11 years, so you can expect synth-pop and alt-rock aplenty, Jarv’s wild dancing, and a huge sing-along to 90s anthems such as ‘Common People’, ‘Disco 2000’, ‘Do You Remember the First Time?’, and ‘Babies’.

Rebecca Lucy Taylor a.k.a., Sheffield’s very own Self Esteem will also perform on the main stage. Expect empowering alt-pop from her superb sophomore Prioritise Pleasure, excellent choreography, between-songs-bants, and to shed a tear during ‘I Do This All The Time’.

Pop star Anne-Marie will also be performing her radio-friendly favourites, while The Big Moon will bring their joyful indie-rock.

Unmissable emerging talent comes in the form of Irish country-pop artist CMAT and Australian dance duo Confidence Man. Both artists produced two of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2022 – CMAT with If My Wife New I’d Be Dead, and Confidence Man with TILT. Additionally, Leeds post-punk rising stars English Teacher will be bringing their signature sprechgesang to Victoria Park.

Stage splits and Set times

Currently unavailable, but gates will open at 12pm each day and there is a 22.30pm curfew.

Ticket Prices (subject to additional ticket provider fees)

Weekend Ticket: £127.50

VIP Weekend Ticket: £235

Saturday Day Ticket: £66.50

VIP Saturday Day Ticket: £127.50

Sunday Day Ticket: £66.50

VIP Sunday Day Ticket: £127.50

You can buy from the official Neighbourhood Weekender 2023 ticket partner, Gigs & Tours here.

Accessibility

There is a 2-4-1 ticket scheme for festivalgoers who cannot enjoy the festival without a personal assistant or carer. After purchasing a ticket, you can request a 2-4-1 ticket via email [email protected]

You must include relevant proof e.g. PIP, access card; photo ID; booking reference; name of ticket agent; required service e.g. Carer ticket, Accessible Car Parking Area.

Travel

By car: The site is located 19 miles from Manchester, approx. 35 minute drive via the M62.

By train: Trains take around 20-30 minutes from Manchester Victoria, Manchester Piccadilly, and Manchester Oxford Road.

By coach: National Express are the official coach provider for Neighbourhood Weekender. Coaches from Manchester Coach Station on Chorlton Street will run each day picking up at 10.30am. Return coaches depart from Victoria Park, Warrington at 23.30pm each night. The coach ride takes 45 minutes approx. Return coaches cost £28 each day.

Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Head Music Editor @ The Mancunion. Freelance Music and Culture Writer @ DIY, The Line of Best Fit, Gigwise, etc. Alt-rock connoisseur and Britpop aficionado. Twitter: @tayl0rsarah LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-taylor-48a562211/

Northern Music Awards 2024: Celebrating breakthrough acts, chart-topping superstars, and the people behind the scenes

Celebrating northern music in all of its charm, Nordoff and Robbins host the 2024 Northern Music Awards in Manchester’s city centre