imogen

Reverend and the Makers Gig Preview

Reverend and the Makers stop off at Manchester Academy; it’s not to be missed
Reverend and the Makers Gig Preview
Photo: Press @ SJM Concerts

Indie-rock band Reverend and the Makers are performing at Manchester Academy this Thursday February 16 and you’re in for a treat!

Hailing from the North (Sheffield, South Yorkshire), the band have been around since 2007. Having produced five studio albums and supported other huge Northern bands such as the Arctic Monkeys in 2006 and Oasis on their final tour in 2009, there’s no doubt that they’ve made a name for themselves and earned an impressive reputation.

They made their breakthrough with the release of their debut album The State of Things and established themselves with their second album A French Kiss in the Chaos. From there, they supported Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Kasabian, and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds before earning themselves their own UK tour performing at incredible venues such as Wembley Stadium and Glastonbury Festival.

Reverend and the Makers are touring ahead of their latest album Heatwave in the Cold North (2022), with sold out performances this past week in Birmingham, London, and Glasgow, as well as at their upcoming night in Sheffield leading them to add an extra tour date. The band will be supported by rock-electronica band the Ramona Flowers and British rock singer-songwriter Danny Goffey.

Reverend and the Makers’ songs are nothing short of electric. With roots in indie guitar pop and Madchester-style funk, they’re definitely not a band to be missed. Their single ‘Heavyweight Champion of the World’ was a UK Top 10 hit and they currently have nearly 300,000 monthly listeners on Spotify alone. Energetic and lively, they promising a great night and an unforgettable experience. According to their Instagram, frontman Jon McClure aka “The Reverend” himself performs his last song with his guitar in the street!

If you’re looking for a night of high energy, brilliant tunes, and the opportunity to watch one of the biggest indie-rock bands on the scene then get down to Manchester Academy this Thursday at 9pm! It’s not too late to buy tickets so get yours here.

Imogen Mingos

Imogen Mingos

Head Fashion & Beauty Editor 2023-24 | Winner of Best Newcomer (The Mancunion) at SU Awards 2023