katiebray
22nd March 2023

Palace Theatre Manchester invites you to dance all night

My Fair Lady visits the Palace Theatre for the final stop of its UK tour – starring Adam Woodyatt, Michael D. Xavier, Lesley Garret, and John Middleton
Photo: My Fair Lady

Practise your curtsy and pronunciations, as Lincoln Centre Theatre’s production of My Fair Lady is strolling gracefully into Manchester. Bartlett Sher’s (director of The King & I and To Kill A Mockingbird) adaptation of My Fair Lady had smashing success on Broadway and the West End before touring the UK, with one final stop in Manchester.

The musical’s score features classics such as ‘I Could Have Danced All Night’, ‘Wouldn’t It Be Loverly’, ‘The Rain in Spain’, and ‘I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face’.

My Fair Lady is a stage a musical adaptation of George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion, a play adopting the name of a mythological sculptor who saw no redeeming qualities in women unless he created them. It was later adapted into a musical film starring Audrey Hepburn in 1964. The story follows the class climb of flower girl Eliza Doolittle as Professor Henry Higgins makes her ‘presentable’ to higher class circles.

With gorgeous contemporary costumes and a star-studded set of actors from Charlotte Kennedy as Eliza (Les Miserables), Adam Woodyatt (Eastenders‘ Ian Beale) as Alfred P. Doolittle, Michael D. Xavier (Sunset Boulevard, Into The Woods) as Henry Higgins, globally renowned soprano Lesley Garret as Mrs Pearce (The Phantom of the Opera), and John Middleton (Emmerdale‘s Vicar Ashley Thomas) as Colonel Pickering.

So, head on down to Palace Theatre Manchester for a loverly evening.

My Fair Lady runs at Palace Theatre Manchester from March 22 to April 1 – the final stop of its UK tour.

Blue Beard review: Problematic and distasteful plastic feminism

Emma Rice’s new adaptation of Blue Beard uses circus tricks, smoke and mirrors to dance around the genuine issues it is trying to tackle

Rocky Horror Show review: The show that never disappoints

Be a feather-bowered spectator to the unravelling secrets of the sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania.

Disney on Ice presents 100 Years of Wonder: Spine-chilling acts that will have you frozen

Disney on Ice returns to the UK, celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary with spine-chilling acts that will have you frozen in wonder!

Dancing in a Winter Wonderland review: A fabulous celebration of the festive season

Aljaž Škorjanec and Janette Manrara’s ‘Dancing in a Winter Wonderland’ is a fabulous celebration of the winter season.