the-mancunion-team

UK Festival Awards: All you need to know

The UK Festival Awards return for 2023: find out all you need to know and how to get tickets here
Credit: Press @ Jukebox PR

The UK Festival Awards return for 2023, and will be hosted at Escape to Freight Island in Manchester. The only fully focused festival awards return to celebrate the UK festival season, with the dynamic range of festivals up for a dynamic range of awards.

The prestigious awards feature fan-voted categories for Best Large, Medium, and Small festivals, Best Metropolitan Festival, Best New Festival, The Grassroots Festival Award, Best Family Festival, The UK Greener Festival Award, and Best Non-Music Festival. New for 2023 are the categories Best Micro Festival, and Transport Impact Innovator. Find the full shortlists here.

The celebratory night will also feature Freight Island’s diverse in-house food outlets and will be hosted by a soon-to-be-announced Number One selling band.

Tickets are selling fast, but you can still get tickets to the awards here, and find out all you need to know, previous winners, and the winners after the event on the UK Festival Awards website.

Olivia Dean live in Manchester: A joyful “warm hug” in performance

Performing songs from her debut album and beyond, Olivia Dean wowed Manchester’s Saturday-night crowd with a mix of joyful performance and stunning vocals

Post-Punk: Why it needs to die, and what’s next

Having dominated the focus of alternative radio for several years, Post-Punk has reached peak saturation and must make way for something new

Tate McRae live in Manchester: A pop megastar in the making

At just 20 years old, pop sensation Tate McRae delivers an incredible live performance in Manchester for her THINK LATER world tour

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department: The New Testament (Taylor’s Version)

For those who are willing to commit to the journey, The Tortured Poets Department is an indie-Swift Bible