Top 5: Dodgy Disney characters

Donald Duck – The original exhibitionist – I have never seen this dude wearing pants, yet he feels the need to wear half a sailor costume. A Little too kinky for kids if you ask me.

1) Captain Hook – I know that technically, he was created by J.M. Barrie, but the strangely Elektran relationship that he has with Wendy was highlighted beautifully in the Disney version of Peter Pan.

2) The Crows from Dumbo – These feather bigots prove that racism is never funny.

3) Pumba and Timone – Simba’s flatulent side kicks. I have two words for you: Cheap laughs. Who decided to give them a spin-off?

4) Princess Aurora – Introducing small children to the lighter side of ‘stranger danger’ since 1959. Well, ok, it turns out that Prince Phillip is a family friend and they’ve been engaged all along, but she didn’t know that did she?

5) Donald Duck – The original exhibitionist – I have never seen this dude wearing pants, yet he feels the need to wear half a sailor costume. A Little too kinky for kids if you ask me.

Beth Cook, Film Editor

Cosy up with Backyard Cinema this Autumn

A preview of Backyard Cinema, the immersive movie experience coming to Manchester this Autumn.
Comfort films and TV shows to cure the freshers blues

Freshers week and moving to university can be a daunting experience even for the most excited fresher so The Mancunion’s On-screen team have got a list of the films and TV shows they turn to for comfort when feeling blue!
Cannes 2022: Armageddon Time and understanding your privilege

James Gray’s Armageddon Time is a heartbreaking story of a young boy who begins to understand his privilege growing up in 1980s New York.
Cannes 2022: Triangle of Sadness and ridiculing the rich

Palme-d’Or-winning Triangle of Sadness is a wild, cynical satire ridiculing the rich in all possible ways.