roisin-dervish-okane

Craving and Saving 14/9/11

What we’re wishing we could afford this week

Craving

Sohane Coat, £1,230, Isabelle Marant

This irresistible double-breasted, wool-blend coat from Parisian designer du jour Isabelle Marant’s Autumn/Winter collection has quite literally embedded itself into my poor impressionable and impoverished mind. The oversized shape, wearable smoky grey hue and simple, mannish detailing make it the perfectly versatile yet eye-wateringly unaffordable winter cover-up.

Saving

Tweed Boyfriend Coat, £85, Topshop

Topshop’s simple tweed number may lack the craftsmanship, perfect cut and certain je ne sais quoi of the Marant creation, but it also lacks one thousand, one hundred and forty five pounds of the price tag. Though not exactly cheap, this is a perennial classic, and its borrowed-from-your-boyfriend look will ensure that your autumn/winter aesthetic looks effortlessly on trend. Besides, a great coat is an investment and don’t forget that with your humble library card, you can save ten percent in store, thus rendering your purchase totally justifiable. Honest.

Roisin Dervish-O'Kane

Roisin Dervish-O’Kane

Former Fashion Editor (2011-2012).

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month