roisin-dervish-okane

Craving and Saving 14/9/11

What we’re wishing we could afford this week

Craving

Sohane Coat, £1,230, Isabelle Marant

This irresistible double-breasted, wool-blend coat from Parisian designer du jour Isabelle Marant’s Autumn/Winter collection has quite literally embedded itself into my poor impressionable and impoverished mind. The oversized shape, wearable smoky grey hue and simple, mannish detailing make it the perfectly versatile yet eye-wateringly unaffordable winter cover-up.

Saving

Tweed Boyfriend Coat, £85, Topshop

Topshop’s simple tweed number may lack the craftsmanship, perfect cut and certain je ne sais quoi of the Marant creation, but it also lacks one thousand, one hundred and forty five pounds of the price tag. Though not exactly cheap, this is a perennial classic, and its borrowed-from-your-boyfriend look will ensure that your autumn/winter aesthetic looks effortlessly on trend. Besides, a great coat is an investment and don’t forget that with your humble library card, you can save ten percent in store, thus rendering your purchase totally justifiable. Honest.

Roisin Dervish-O'Kane

Roisin Dervish-O’Kane

Former Fashion Editor (2011-2012).

The evolution of Coachella fashion: From glam to casual, has the fun faded?

Looking back at the biggest festival of the year and why it was such a disappointment for fashion fans

On screen style report #8: Samantha Jones

How would the original girlboss, Samantha Jones, tear up Manhattan in 2024? One showstopping look at a time…

The most iconic closets from TV and Film

Closets that never end, closets that pick your outfit for you, and closets controlled with a remote… ah the life of a fictional girlboss

Summer’s best defence: The top five sunscreen picks for your skincare

Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with our top five sunscreen picks; from lightweight formulas to advanced skincare benefits, these sunscreens offer protection and nourishment for summer-ready skin