hettyscrope

Honest to blog

Blogging gets local
Honest to blog

Creativetourist.com is an essential for any student who wants to explore further afield than Fallowfield. Few and far between that you are. Its got maps, calendars, exhibition and film reviews, and features. I’m currently working my stomach through ‘five of the best: breakfasts’ in Manchester. So far they are not wrong. There’s also an app for the tech-heads amongst you. So to sum up if you like culture (and/or food) and you’re vaguely interested in what’s going on around the city or discovering some soon-to-be not-secrets, this should definitely be your first stop.
Check it out for yourself:

University launch British Pop Archive with unseen items from Joy Division’s Ian Curtis

Announcing the British Pop Archive at the university’s very own John Rylands Library. Including artefacts from Joy Division’s Ian Curtis, New Order, the Sex Pistols, and Granada Television.
Derek Jarman: PROTEST! Art and Activism collide at Manchester Art Gallery

Sarah Taylor reviews Manchester Art Gallery’s retrospective exhibition on the life and works of prolific filmmaker, artist, and activist Derek Jarman.
Michelangelo in Manchester: Sistine Chapel comes to Trafford Palazzo

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy attends a press viewing of the Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel exhibit at Trafford Palazzo
MACFEST, Muslim Arts and Culture Festival, comes back to Manchester this February

Launching on the 5th of February, MACFEST 2022 offers over 75 events that showcase the Muslim culture, from debates to workshops and art exhibitions