hettyscrope

Honest to blog

Blogging gets local

Creativetourist.com is an essential for any student who wants to explore further afield than Fallowfield. Few and far between that you are. Its got maps, calendars, exhibition and film reviews, and features. I’m currently working my stomach through ‘five of the best: breakfasts’ in Manchester. So far they are not wrong. There’s also an app for the tech-heads amongst you. So to sum up if you like culture (and/or food) and you’re vaguely interested in what’s going on around the city or discovering some soon-to-be not-secrets, this should definitely be your first stop.
Check it out for yourself:

A celebration of Jewish art in Manchester: Introducing Synagogue Scratch

This month, Synagogue Scratch is returning to Manchester Jewish Museum. The series represents a unique opportunity to enjoy new, groundbreaking performances by Jewish artists, in the museum’s beautifully preserved 1874 Synagogue.

Making Manchester #3: Eleanor Haigh

Performing across the UK from Edinburgh Fringe to London, Eleanor Haigh embraces the spotlight with a multitude of talent. She breaks down what draws her to the arts and the biggest challenges facing artists today.

Horoscopes: Art meets star signs

This week we’re helping you align your planets with paintings. Check out the artist whose style suits your star sign.

Making Manchester #2: Laurent Swyngedauw

Continuing our Mancunian series, Laurent Swyngedauw tells us the best spots for capturing great shots in Manchester, and how make a photograph your own