chloe-young

No rest for the wicked

Get up, get dressed and do something productive with your day

Sleeping is a waste of time. I’ll allow the hermits amongst you to catch your breath…

Sleeping is to be done at night!

There’s nothing I hate more than pointless napping, especially the all-day kind. The majority of my fellow students find no issue in sleeping through most, if not all, of the daylight hours.

Don’t get me wrong, we all know that after a night out a drunken day slumber is a must to repair alcohol damage; but to go to bed in the middle of the day, wake up and then purposely resume sleep is a joke.

Not only is this a complete and utter waste of your life, anti-social, pointless and unhygienic (sleep breath should definitely be limited to mornings only) – it’s boring!

According to statistics the average person spends about a third of their life asleep. Why would you want to increase this, isn’t life short enough? I generally sympathise with anyone that feels that they have nothing worth remaining conscience for on a sunny day.

I would imagine that this pretty much applies to no-one but for those of you it does, you might start by leaving the house once in a while.

Please take my advice, stop the body to sheet fusion process now, get up and get out!

Did you know that there’s a spa under Simon Building

Rumour has it that deep in the depths of UoM lies a hidden spa. Why? We cannot say. But should you embark on an adventure to find it? Absolutely.

Three years at university: What have I learnt?

As the academic year draws to a close, here are some of the more unexpected lessons I have learnt from three years at Manchester University

How do we tackle the student loneliness crisis?

At a university where 45,000 students cross paths every day, it should be impossible to feel lonely

Keeping on top of the news cycle: How to stay up to date as a student

Being a student can mean an incredibly busy schedule, so how can you make time to find out what’s happening in the world?