Manchester Forecast

Latest News:
Manchester Mancunion Logo

// Breaking News:

What really happened with the fences? University of Manchester releases inquiry findings

//Breaking: What really happened with the fences? University of Manchester releases inquiry findings More

Top tips for being a good Secret Santa

1.     Establish a price range – there would be nothing worse than handing over a box of Celebrations to someone who’s bought you an M&S hamper, champagne and all.

2.     Decide on an objective – jokey or heartfelt, genuine or ironic. Make sure everyone is on the same page otherwise those glow in the dark condoms might not go down so well.

3.     Don’t take big risks – if buying for your boss, an elderly relative or someone you maybe don’t know that well steer clear of Ann Summers. Stick to standard festive offerings, who doesn’t love an annual hot water bottle?

4.     Don’t leave it until the last minute – a 98p potato masher from Tesco wrapped in white A4 paper is a bit of a giveaway.

5.     Actually keep it a secret – it’s in the name and makes for a much more interesting gift exchange.

6.     If in doubt head to Urban Outfitters – the novelties range has something for everyone from Sudoku toilet roll to artsy photography books. Sorted.

Trackback from your site.

Lily Howes

Former Lifestyle Editor at The Mancunion (2011-2012). English Literature and Drama graduate. Originally from Croydon, South London. If you don't fancy being hounded to sign up for Blind Date then do avoid me at all costs (however if you are interested in taking part then e mail lifesty[email protected])