phoebe-clark

Preview: Parklife 2012

Parklife returns to Platt Fields once more this summer with an exciting array of renowned acts and DJs.

On the 9th and 10th June 2012, Manchester’s Platt Fields Park will once again be filled with renowned acts and DJs promising to make the third ever Parklife Festival not to be missed.

Brought to you by some of our favourite Manchester promoters such as The Deaf Institute and The Warehouse Project, Parklife offers a value for money solution to the torrent of music festivals that are currently being churned out by the UK music scene.

After it’s mammoth success the past two years and winning of the title ‘Best New Festival’ at 2011’s UK Festival Awards, it is back with a better line-up than ever before.

This year, grime artist Dizzee Rascal and psychedelic rockers The Flaming Lips will be headlining, closely backed up by an eclectic selection of Dub-step, House and Techno giants beautifully spread out across six stages.  Whilst Parklife veterans such as High Contrast, Fake Blood, Sub Focus and Annie Mac will be appearing again at the festival, some of the newest faces on scene such as Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and Ghost Poet will also be a part of this year’s line-up.  In fact, a few bands such as Noah and the Whale have been added into the mix to provide an interesting international and varied amalgamation of artists for every taste.

This same exciting mix of DJs and new music that made last year’s Parklife festival such a success should prove to be effective once again.

Phoebe Clarke

Phoebe Clarke

Saxophonist, Composer/Arranger and current Music student at the University of Manchester. Phoebe has been writing for the Music section of the Mancunion since 2011 and was appointed editor in September 2013.

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark