danielle-middleton

Chris Ramsey on being funny

Before he wows the crowds at Owens Park on 21st March, comedian Chris Ramsey was jolly lovely enough to answer a few questions for The Mancunion. Cheers Chris. Dani Middleton: Nice obvious question first: what’s your favourite thing about being a comedian? Chris Ramsey: Has to be the performing. I love getting to make people […]

Before he wows the crowds at Owens Park on 21st March, comedian Chris Ramsey was jolly lovely enough to answer a few questions for The Mancunion. Cheers Chris.

Dani Middleton: Nice obvious question first: what’s your favourite thing about being a comedian?

Chris Ramsey: Has to be the performing. I love getting to make people laugh for a living. Never thought it would be something I’d end up doing, despite always deep down wanting to do it. I just love it.

DM: Do you enjoy student crowds?

CR: Always. I used to be a student myself, and although I’m 25 I still see myself as a kid really, I’m massively immature and love messing about and chatting to the students at gigs.

DM: Who have you met that’s left you starstruck?

CR: Loads of people! I’ve been lucky to meet and work with most of my comedy heroes, so I’ve had to get good at hiding the little excited girl inside that just wants to scream at them and cry.

Although the biggest star I’ve ever met was Tom Hanks. I just shook his hand and said ‘thank you so much’ about 40-50 times.

DM: How has it been being involved with the BBC Sport Relief?

CR: I don’t know, we haven’t sorted anything out yet. Was supposed to be mentoring a famous TV footy pundit but he dropped out (shitting himself I imagine).

I start working with my new ‘student’ this week.

DM: Have you got any dirty little secrets?

CR: Loads. *

DM: Anything else you’d like to tell Manchester’s students?

CR: Errm… stop going to the Fallowfield shops in your pyjamas.

*Sources have informed The Mancunion that Chris was in fact too busy to embellish this answer much to our disappointment.

danielle middleton

danielle middleton

Former arts editor (2011-2012).

Review: Please Feel Free to Ignore My Work by David Hoyle

This month, Factory International’s Aviva Studios welcomes renowned artist David Hoyle, in a three week residency spanning multiple art forms.

Making Manchester #1: Anna Marsden

We’re kicking off our new feature, Making Manchester, by quizzing photographer Anna Marsden about her practice and what inspires her