josephine-lane

Must See This Week In Theatre: 1st October-8th October

The best of theatre for the week ahead.

Fields of Grey

Hardhitting new drama about the Afgan-US war. A collaborative piece written by New York-based actor and emcee Mtume Gant and Avaes Mohammad (co-writer of Crystal Kisses).

Runs from 3rd to 13th October at Contact. Tickets £5

Pat Kirkwood is Angry

One-woman play about Manchester-born singer and actress, Pat Kirkwood. Most famous for her alleged affair with Prince Philip in the 1940s, the play explores the repercussions of the affair that haunted her for rest of her life.

Runs from 3rd to 6th October at The Royal Exchange. Tickets £12.

Light-Hearted Intercourse

This play from Bolton’s most famous playwright, Bill Naughton, has its world premiere this week after being unearthed from Naughton’s archives and being brought to life by director David Thacker. The play looks at a young couple in the 1920s adjusting to married life whilst keeping secrets from their pasts from each other.

Runs from 4th October to 3rd November at The Bolton Octagon. Tickets £9.50-£15.50

Julius Caesar

A Royal Shakespeare show, originally created as part of the World’s Shakespeare Festival, the classic tale of power and betrayal comes to the Lowry this week as part of its UK tour. The production, set in Modern Africa, has so far been receiving rave reviews.

Runs from 2nd October to 6th October at The Lowry. Tickets £20-£24

Imitating the Dog’s Frankenstein review: A literally electric reimagination

Imitating the Dog creates a physical and electric reimagination of Shelley’s story, filling any pockets of confusion with drama and tension