jamie-williams
3rd October 2012

Politics on Campus: Manchester Conservative Future

Jamie Williams talks to The Mancunion about getting involved with Manchester Conservative Future
Manchester Conservative Future at the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the most active political societies, campaigning for our local Conservative candidates across Greater Manchester and further afield. In the last year alone we have left Manchester to help candidates in Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside and Cumbria, as well as involvement in the successful Back Boris campaign. Many of our members also had the opportunity to represent the party in the 2012 Manchester City Council elections.
However, political campaigning is not all we do – we have regular socials across Manchester and further afield, and also help raise significant amounts of money for our chosen charity Help for Heroes after our successful volunteering for the Royal British Legion in 2011. This year we are looking at having some high profile speakers to Manchester, and we will be visiting Northern Ireland in December to support our colleagues in Belfast whilst also visiting Stormont. We will also be sending a large contingent to Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham.
The Conservatives in government have ensured that wasteful spending has been cut to ensure interest rates remain low, and debt does not spiral out of control. The Conservatives in government have sowed the seeds of a private sector recovery by keeping taxes low, encouraging new businesses to form and creating over one million private sector jobs. The Conservatives in government have given people the ability to make decisions for themselves with their localism agenda. The Conservatives in government have said “no” to the European Union taking more sovereignty from Westminster.
Manchester Conservative Future is for all of those who support the Conservative Party and the values of localism, responsibility and economic sustainability. Whether you are a Thatcherite, “Cameronite” , One-Nation or a Traditional Conservative, Manchester Conservative Future has them all.
Follow us on Twitter @Manctories or follow “Manchester Conservative Future” on Facebook.