grainne-morrison

How to Improve Grades and Alienate People…

Gráinne Morrison tackles the number one distraction of JRUL.

The University of Manchester Library, formerly and affectionately known as John Rylands, is a microcosm of Manchester’s student population. One witnesses fellow academics at their best, but mostly at their worst.  The number one activity of JRUL – procrastination – means the outfits of every scholar are scrutinised by those who should be focusing their attention on more ‘important’ tasks. Yet, if we are all aware of this, why have I had to experience numerous fashion offences that are truly detrimental to my studies? I’m not asking for Blue 3 to resemble the front row of Chanel , but is it really that difficult not to wear a bright pink onesie to the library? Those, and crocs, are universally offensive- just don’t. In fact, please refrain from wearing anything that could interrupt an innocent student’s thought process.

I’d forgive every clothes disaster if JRUL made entry dependant on personal hygiene. I have once justified giving up on a days revision due to the stench of overworked and unwashed students. And girls: keep the make-up to a minimum; there’s nothing more frightening than the sight of panda eyes mid essay. We all want to express ourselves, but if that means horrifying others in doing so: save it for the holidays.

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.