bianca-boorer
2nd December 2012

Top 5: Bond girls

Bianca Boorer on Bond’s top five glamour pusses…

Bond has slept with 52 women during his career, starting from 1962 to date with the release of the new film Skyfall. That’s 50 years of shacking up with the fitties! I have ranked the top 5 bond girls based on the ensembles they wore (or more like barely wore) in the 23 films made so far. I warn you some of the names are ridiculously provocative.

#1: Honey Ryder in Dr No (see featured image)
Ursula Andress: the very first bond girl’s signature look is the white bikini. Although the knife would prove useful in the event of a shark attack we’ll probably leave that out. The belt is something we can incorporate into our swimwear attire. Jinx (Halle Berry) even copies it in Die Another Day.

photobucket

#2 Sylvia Trench in Dr No
Eunice Gayson spawns the just-had-wild-sex look with an oversized man’s dress-shirt and pointed-toe high heels. To achieve the wild tousled hair without the ‘wild sex’ part, simply backcomb and use hairspray.

photobucket

#3 Pussy Galore in Goldfinger
Honor Blackman made it on the list not due to her tasteful name but due to her V-neck tops and fitted trousers. This look comes across as both sophisticated and sexy. This is another look that has been revisited later on in the Bond franchise; seen on Miranda Frost (Rosamund Pike) in Die Another Day.

photobucket

#4 Domino Derval in Thunderball
Domino Derval played by French actress Claudine Auger takes the cake when it comes to swimsuit chic! The weather may not be ideal at the moment to be whipping out the bikinis but there’s always the aquatics centre with all the gym fitties! Sun hats may also not be ideal with grey skies but it’ll keep the rain off you.

photobucket

#5 Solitaire in Live and Let Die
Jane Seymour makes the list for having the most outlandish attire. It has a very bohemian oriental theme to it that can be incorporated into our wardrobe in a more subtle way. One could even wear a bindi to finish the whole look off!

Decoding the phenomenon: What lies behind celebrities launching beauty brands?

Why are so many celebs leaving the spotlight and reaching into the realm of cosmetics to launch their own beauty brands?

Celebrity style guide #3: Sabrina Carpenter

If you’re looking to recreate Sabrina’s feminine, pop-star style then look no further because we have a guide just for you