jay-meros
3rd March 2013

They’ll never stop the BOP

The dream lives on

BOP is back. For a few long weeks, boppers have been denied access to their regular injection of hot, melted ’90s cheese. But now a team of University of Manchester music students and BOP enthusiasts are providing a delicious fat-free alternative: I Can’t Believe It’s Not BOP.

Jamie Ross, music student and a leading academic in a field, has publicly attacked Social Junkies and Fresh Fridays in response to the ritualistic slaughter of the Green Monster at the ‘Last Ever Bop.’

“When BOP ended I had to take a couple of days off uni. Fortunately those days coincided with the weekend so it was fine. But I still feel I’m owed the 48 hours I spent grieving.”

Physical theatre ensemble The Funkin’ Massive Party Band has painstakingly transcribed and memorised the entirety of the BOP oeuvre. Don’t miss the debut of BOP Live, held at The Ram. Thursday 7th March, starting at 9pm. Oh, and it’s free entry.

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further