joanna-fox

Never-fail cocoa bars

These cocoa bars won’t fail to satisfy the sweetest of teeth
Never-fail cocoa bars

I feel a bit guilty offering this as an actual recipe since, let’s face it, it’s not exactly rocket science. However, I will justify doing so by the fact that cocoa bars represent ideal student cuisine: they are cheap, easy, require no specialist equipment and – perhaps most importantly – create very little washing-up.

If you don’t get the quantities right, they simply don’t work (or at least they didn’t when we convinced ourselves we could make them from memory in halls!)

Ingredients:

140g Milky Way bars
15ml golden syrup
50g butter
125g cocoa puffs
50g raisins (optional)
150g chocolate

Method:

Melt the Milky Way bars, golden syrup and butter together. You can either do this in the microwave or on the hob (in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.)

Mix in the cocoa puffs and the raisins if you are using them. Pour into a 20cm cake tin lined with cling-film and gently press the mixture against the edges. Leave to set in the fridge.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate (again, either in the microwave or on the hob) and then pour on top of the base. Put back into the fridge to set.

When ready, cut into bars.

Adapted from a recipe by Tesco.

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.
Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Not to be missed, Nibble NQ is a treat for the tastebuds and is proudly female forward